Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Demolition Derby

On Saturday night, Jared surprised me by taking me to one of my favorite things to do- a Demolition Derby!! It was so rad!!! If you've never been to one, it's definitely something you have to do before you die. Don't forget the cut off jeans (which Jared wore) and the bright blue eyeshadow (which I wore) and go spend a night having fun with some rednecks.


Here are my favorite pictures of the night:

This car was completely driven onto the cement barrier (which you can see is now tipped over). The funniest part is that after this round was over, they had to make an announcement saying "Drivers- please remember that once a car is pushed onto the barrier, do not continue to ram into that car."


Look at the back end of this car! Its amazing to see just how much damage can be inflicted on a car and it is still able to drive. I think the driver of this car was awarded "most aggressive driver" this round. (Isn't that rad that they actually give out awards for that!)


Here is how the undriveable cars were taken out of the arena- with a huge bulldozer.


This was my favorite crash of the night. This car was actually pushed through the cement barrier and into the cement wall surrounding the stadium. It's good to know that the kids are nice and safe... If thats not enough, all through the night the announcer kept going into the arena in between the rounds and finding mangled metal car pieces and shattered bumpers to give to the kids--what he called "derby treasures".

3 comments:

Linnea said...

I'd like to see a picture of the blue eyeshadow, please.

I love demolition derbies too.

Megan said...

Yay for being a sheep! I recently succumbed to the call of the blog as well. The blogosphere was made for people like me who are bad friends and want to secretly stalk their friends by checking them out on the net. Bwahaha...glad I'm not the only one without kids yet!

Shayla said...

I'm a little sad. I had this comment perfectly planned out, went to click on the comment button and LINNEA HAD ALREADY MADE IT!!!!! So I guess I'm with her. :) Picture!!!!